[Linux-cluster] Redhat Cluster (RHEL3) and NFS

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Fri Jul 15 10:03:28 UTC 2005

I am trying to get an NFS service locked down to a few specific ports
for operation thru a firewall. I set it up so that mountd, lockd, and statd
were all using there own ports and not asking portmap for ports. When
I do this on a non clustered machine, it works fine. When I tried this on
a cluster (RHEL3 and clumanager ) The NFS server never starts.
Clumanager just sits there and hangs. Is there some dependancy on
portmap for an NFS service to operate correctly?

Corey