Re: [Linux-cluster] cman ignores interface setting on ipv4

On Wed, 2005-20-07 at 16:55 +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Olivier Crete wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The current ipv4 code in the stable branch for cman completely ignores
> > the interface="" attribute for multicast. I've attached a minimal patch
> > that fixes that.
> >
> > I've only done minimal testing (ie it works here).. it will probably
> > break if there is no interface set, etc.. Have fun ;)
> >
> Thanks for the patch, I'll get it integrated.

Make sure it doesnt break in the case where the interface isnt
specified.. I didn't test that case.

> Multicast should (well, does for me!) work anyway provided you only use one
> interface and it matches the host name - which it always should all you'll run
> into other problems.
> Were you actually having problems with it without the patch ?

Yes, our nodes are linked using two different networks, a management
network (Ethernet) and a cluster interconnect (myrinet).. and I want the
heartbeat stuff to happen over myrinet (this is what our application
uses).. But the hostname of the nodes resolves to the ip of the Ethernet

Olivier Crête
ocrete max-t com
Maximum Throughput Inc.