[Linux-cluster] RHEL4 srpm spec file bugs/problems

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Thu Jul 21 20:13:57 UTC 2005

Howdy,
These problems might have already been taken care of (I haven't checked
out the latest CVS), but just incase they haven't, here's some problems
I encountered while rebuilding the RHEL4 src rpm's, and way's they could
be fixed.

First - cman-kernel has the build dependancy on fake-build-provides,
which isn't in the RHEL4 release.  The way around this is to build it
with the --nodeps option.  But it really should be taken out of the
RHEL4 spec files unless it is going to be provided at some time.
(this was already discussed on this mailling list, but I'll put it here
for completeness)

Second - source rpm's that build kernel modules leave messy BUILD/smp
and BUILD/hugemem directories when they are done.  These don't get
cleaned up, and when you are building the next rpm that does kernel
modules, there is conflicting files, so the next rpm doesn't build
correctly.
Currently you have to remove those directories by hand after each rpm
that builds a kernel module.  It would be nice if there was a couple of
cleanup lines in the %clean section in the spec files.

Thanks
Troy Dawson