Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS compile errors on FC3

Peter Bosgraaf wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get the latest GFS snapshot to work under FC3.
The compilation dies at the following line:

The latest snapshot of the head branch is very unstable and internally inconsistent at the moment

Get the latest snapshot of the RHEL4 branch instead.
cvs -d :pserver:cvs sources redhat com:/cvs/cluster checkout -r RHEL4 cluster

./configure --kernel_src=/usr/src/linux

You dont need to install kernel source. You can use ./configure --kernel_src=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ to use the stubs that come with the kernel.

There is no branch that compiles cleanly on FC3. RHEL4 is the one I got to work with a few modifications.

You will have to edit 2 files that complain about an undefined variable. You can find my fix in an earlier message on this list. As long as you don't intend to use lock_nolock you shouldn't have to worry about the correctness of my fix :-). If on the other hand you intend to do so I would investigate further... And there is one fix where I commented out two lines of code that are intended to give a quota warning. For some reason the compiler doesn't like it. I am not about to use quotas, so again... No worry for me :-)

--
birger