Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS questions to have a final decision

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:00:53PM -0000, Raj  Kumar wrote:
>    IMHO, you don't need a third server just to run the "lock server". You can
>    run the lock server on one of the two nodes... this is the configuration I
>    use:  two HP DL380 G3 servers running GFS to simultaneously access MSA
>    1000...
>    I dont know whether ML370 is supported by V3...

In RHEL3 the locking system is gulm, gulm requires 3 nodes for
redunancy.  You can run in with only one, but if that goes, teh cluster
goes.

Comming in RHEL4 (and which is the current CVS) we switched to cman/dlm.
This system can have only two nodes. (and also doesn't have lock servers
as every node is an equal.)

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.