Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS compile errors on FC3

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 09:09:11AM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Birger Wathne wrote:
> >The latest snapshot of the head branch is very unstable and internally
> >inconsistent at the moment
> >
> >Get the latest snapshot of the RHEL4 branch instead.
> >cvs -d :pserver:cvs sources redhat com:/cvs/cluster checkout -r RHEL4
> >cluster
>
> I'm a newbie user; just got my first test cluster set up over the weekend.
> I'm currently running HEAD, as it was the only one that would cleanly
> compile for me with a 2.6.11.10 kernel. Should I be looking at hacking the
> RHEL4 branch up instead? Is that more stable for long-term use?

depends, if you're just playing with it, and got HEAD working, then
you're ok.  If you actually want to use it in a production system then
you should look into the RHEL4 or RHEL4U1 branches.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
The church is near but the road is icy;