RE: [Linux-cluster] GFS questions to have a final decision

Title: RE: [Linux-cluster] GFS questions to have a final decision
Look for the release in June.

- rob

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 09:28 -0400, Gerald G. Gilyeat wrote:

With that in mind, is there a planned release date for it yet?
It would be useful to know for planning purposes (especially for me... ;)  )

Thanks!

--
Jerry Gilyeat, RHCE
Systems Administrator
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com on behalf of Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
Sent: Mon 6/6/2005 9:09 AM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS questions to have a final decision

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:00:53PM -0000, Raj  Kumar wrote:
>    IMHO, you don't need a third server just to run the "lock server". You can
>    run the lock server on one of the two nodes... this is the configuration I
>    use:  two HP DL380 G3 servers running GFS to simultaneously access MSA
>    1000...
>    I dont know whether ML370 is supported by V3...

In RHEL3 the locking system is gulm, gulm requires 3 nodes for
redunancy.  You can run in with only one, but if that goes, teh cluster
goes.

Comming in RHEL4 (and which is the current CVS) we switched to cman/dlm.
This system can have only two nodes. (and also doesn't have lock servers
as every node is an equal.)

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.