[Linux-cluster] Can I use cman instead of the HA (High Availability) package?

Hi,

I currently have two servers with gfs/cman/dlm, but I also use the HA or "heartbeat" packeg to implement an active/passive design with IP takeover.

Can I use cman for this instead of the heartbeat package?

There are a number of overlaps between the cman/ccs and HA/heartbeat. For example, both packages send heartbeats. Also, both gfs and HA try to do fencing, gfs via fence_tool, and HA with STONITH (shoot the other node in the head).

I would really like to use only cman if possible.

Thanks, Coman Iliut