Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS compile errors on FC3

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 04:40:36PM +0200, Birger Wathne wrote:
> Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra wrote:
>

> >depends, if you're just playing with it, and got HEAD working, then
> >you're ok.  If you actually want to use it in a production system then
> >you should look into the RHEL4 or RHEL4U1 branches.
> >

> I'm planning on going into production *very* soon. I am currently running
> FC3 and the RHEL4 branch. Should I go for FC4 as soon as it gets released
> and the FC4 branch instead? I can wait for that unless FC4 gets further
> delayed.
>
> I am a bit weary... Whenever I stop my services and unmount filesystems to
> do a gfs_fsck on them I get errors. Differing bitmaps, etc, etc. This is
> with only one node in my cluster, and no heavy usage yet. Scares me a
> little :-) Any comments? Is this normal? Critical? Is this code production
> ready?

If you could send the output of the fsck that you're seeing, I can probably
tell you if it's an issue or not.

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis redhat com

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...