Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS lock problem?

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:52:46PM -0500, Andrew C. Dingman wrote:
> Wouldn't each lock in GFS be used to impliment some sort of
> filesystem-level lock, such as an fcntl() or flock(), which would in
> turn belong to a process?

Your question isn't parsing, but I'll try to answer anyways.

flock and fcntl locks can be implemented. (and have been.) However they,
by themselves, are insuficent for creating a clustered filesystem.  But
since those are advisory locks, they might exist, and even then they can
be ignored.  So there might be some in the lock space, but there will
mostly be gfs locks.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
(did i spell that right?)