[Linux-cluster] newbie questions

Pucky Loucks ploucks at h2st.com
Wed Jun 15 14:37:14 UTC 2005

Hello, I've been playing with GFS on and off for a couple of months
now (also have purchase it from RH) and I've got some questions
regarding GFS without external shared storage.

Is it possible to create a redundant GFS cluster without access to a
SAN/Fiber Channel Storage?

I would like to have a system where adding another low commodity box
to the cluster will increase performance/storage capacity/reliability
ala googlefs and openafs.  I've heard that this is possible yet
complex with GFS, is this correct?

If anyone can point me in the direction of some examples or let me
know if it's possible or not that would be great.

Thanks.

Pucky

P.S. rather than calling RH for support and talking to a front line
support person I figured I'd goto the source. ;)