Re: [Linux-cluster] Question on maxrestarts and maxfalserestarts

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:48 -0400, Anu Matthew wrote:

> My question is about the significance of maxrestarts and
> maxfalserestarts. Could setting maxfalserestarts to say, 1 or so would
> have averted this situation?

Probably not.  Maxrestarts / false starts are checked after a service
fails but before it's restarted.

You'd probably want to file a ticket with Red Hat Support about this:

http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/

Did you have a very high load spike when this occurred?

-- Lon