Re: [Linux-cluster] Newbie GFS guestion

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:48:32AM +0200, Michal Illich, adresa do konferenci wrote:
> 	I have read the basic documentation and the FAQ on gfs wiki, but I
> 	still don't quite understand few things.
>
> 	For example: I'll set up GFS on 10 computers, each has 12 disks, no
> 	RAID. I want to access the shared data from all computers the same
> 	way as it was a local filesystem.
>
> 	1. So far, using it as described in example is what GFS can do, ok?

No. GFS requires a unified, cluster viewable block device (like a SAN
based RAID device.  Or an iSCSI device or similar)

To make that setup work, you will first need to use something to unify
all the disks and make them redundent.  (perhaps clvm mirroring with a
network block device?)

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
Even though I feel like I might ignite, I probably won't.