Re: [Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Lon Hohberger wrote:
Yes, as long as more than half the VMs were on the surviving node as well...

If exactly half of the nodes votes disappear, a quorum no longer exists (except in the 2-node special case). Suppose there were 4 VMs:

  2 x 50 votes = 100 votes
    4 x 1 vote =   4 votes
         Total = 104 votes
Need for quorum =  53 votes

Is it possible to tweak the votes needed for quorum with 'expected_votes'? I've been playing with it a bit, and it seems to work.

Really, in my case, as long as one of physical hosts is still up, I'd still like to have a quorum.

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |