Re: [Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
Yes, you can force expected_votes to be an unreasonable low value. Personally I set it to 1 on my single-machine Xen test cluster but then I don't care about data corruption ;-)

One thing I've noticed with this - it seems that as machines join the cluster, expected_votes is automatically raised. (IE, I can start a single node and have it gain quorum, but if I join another node and then leave the cluster, the first one loses quorum - if I manually drop the expected vots with cman_tool, then it gains quorum again.) Is that expected behavior? I'd expect manually specifying expected_votes to lock it down.

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |