Re: [Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
Yes, this is expected behaviour. When you add a node to the cluster, expected_votes is adjusted to be the higher value of all cluster nodes. If you want to lock down expected_votes then you need to override it in cluster.conf otherwise it will be calculated by cman_tool to be the sum of the votes of all the nodes in that file.

I am overriding it in cluster.conf - I've got it hardcoded to 10 (for testing, in the <cman> section), and all of the physical nodes have 50 votes.

However, when the second physical node goes online, expected_votes gets raised, so when that node leaves, the first node doesn't have enough votes to keep a quorum.

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |