[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Jon Scottorn jscottorn at possibilityforge.com
Thu Jun 30 14:34:17 UTC 2005

>>This is the error that I get still.
>>
>>Starting Cluster (ccsd, fence, clvm, gnbd): cluster/sbin/cman_tool: the
>>two-node option requires exactly two nodes with one vote each and
>>expected votes of 1 (node_count=3 vote_sum=2)
>>
>>Am I misunderstanding a step or something.
>>

>No. That feature is just an idea I had for Xen+VM clusters, it's not implemented
>yet! Currently it will only work for nodes with 3+ Xen hosts, assigning 0 votes
>to the VMs.

Ok, well maybe my situation is a little different, I have 4 physical
nodes that are need to access the gfs share.  I want to be able to just
run the cluster even if there is only 1 node active.  I don't really
need to worry about the cluster I just want a filesystem that will work
with multiple mounts to a block device.  So, no matter how many nodes I
have in the cluster wether it be 1 or 50, the filesystem will stay
active and continue to serve out the share and when other nodes come
online the just are able to access it without issues.
Is that a possibility?

Jon