Re: [Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

> This reminds me, how does a cluster behave that has an On-disk quorum
> (Tru64 and Windows, off the top of my head)?  In those OS'es you have to
> dedicate a partition for "quorum".  Are there any advantages to this, or
> am I just misunderstanding something.
The disk has 1 vote, and is reserved by a "scsi reserve" command (which
can only be executed by one node) should the votes ever get to "split
brain" level.

E.g. on a 2 node cluster, at the point when they lose contact, they try to
grab the quorum device.  Whoever gets the disk then gets 2 votes (out of
3) and the other dies.