[Linux-cluster] problems with XFree86 and red hat enterprise 3.0

Hi to everybody!!!

I have a problem with XFree and Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 in a server.

I had to compile a kernel 2.4.26 in order to achieve shutdown the server, because the original kernel does not support ACPI (the bios neither support apm). I achieved shutdown the system with acpi in this kernel, but now xfree86 does not work. Nothing more looks fail.

We had the same problem when we compiled other kernels, I think is a problem of red hat enterprise, I consider is a system very fanciful and delicate, but I do not know how to repair it. Has someone any idea?? Can someone help me?? Had someone a similar problem??

Thanks for your attention. And excuse me for my poor english.
Maria.

Móviles, DVD, cámaras digitales, coleccionismo... Con unas ofertas que ni te imaginas. http://www.msn.es/Subastas/