[Linux-cluster] Re: Kernel RPMS

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu Mar 31 00:37:19 UTC 2005

Quoting Chris Feist <cfeist at redhat.com>:

> Unfortunately it isn't possible to put out the kernel rpms required
> by the GFS alpha packages.

Because of the space/bandwidth constraints? Or something else? I'm not
following...

> The best way to test GFS out is to build from the latest sources in
> cvs from http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/.

So, the source kernels available for the current version of RHEL4 (i.e.
kernel-2.6.9-5.0.3.EL) should be used as a base version for patching with the
above cluster stuff? I'm guessing the patches will then bring that
kernel (i.e.
the current shipping one) in line with the kernel all those (no longer
available) RPMS depended on? Or do we have to use the latest vanilla kernels
from kernel.org? Or it doesn't really matter because all 2.6.x kernels are OK?

--
Bojan