Re: [Linux-cluster] new dlm control/configuration

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:46:07AM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Probably the GFS DLM is more sophisticated than the OCFS2 one, however
> they also went that step further and exported it as "dlmfs". Maybe
> that's something you could steal from them?

Sure, the mechanism used to export the locking API to user space is pretty
inconsequential.  We're doing reads/writes on a misc device at the moment
(used through libdlm of course.)  Going through an fs might be better but
I'm not sure why.

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland redhat com>