[Linux-cluster] order of gfs services startup?

Dan B. Phung phung at cs.columbia.edu
Wed May 4 07:38:36 UTC 2005

Hello, I'm confused the exact ordering of the startup of the
services.  on the GFS Wiki, it says to run:

ccsd
cman_tool join
clvm
<mount your gfs stuff>
fence_tool join

however, from the document
 "Symmetric Cluster Architecture and Component Technical Specifications"
                                       - David Teigland

I read that I must startup fenced after joining the cluster and before
using GFS (so in the sequence about I would run it before clvm).

Does the ordering between these services matter?  If so, what's the
correct order?

regards,
Dan