Re: [Linux-cluster] order of gfs services startup?

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:38:36AM -0400, Dan B. Phung wrote:
> Hello, I'm confused the exact ordering of the startup of the
> services.  on the GFS Wiki, it says to run:
>
> ccsd
> cman_tool join
> clvm
> <mount your gfs stuff>
> fence_tool join

This is wrong, you run fence_tool join after cman_tool join.
The primary source of instructions are here:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/usage.txt

The GFS wiki was not done by our group.

> however, from the document
>  "Symmetric Cluster Architecture and Component Technical Specifications"

This is old and an unreliable source when it comes to specific details.

> Does the ordering between these services matter?  If so, what's the
> correct order?

usage.txt is the place to look

Dave