[Linux-cluster] Compile problems with 2.6.9 source tarballs

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Wed May 11 21:05:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:50:18PM +0200, Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> today i have been trying to get linux-cluster up and running on a debian
> sarge box (installed today via debian-installer rc3).
>
> Therefor i downloaded the tarballs from
>
>     http://people.redhat.com/cfeist/cluster/tgz/
>
> and ran all the .patch files against a vanilla 2.6.9 kernel. The patched
> kernel compiled fine.
>
> I was about to compile & install the additional tools, daemons, and
> modules when i encountered several errors. For example cman-kernel
> (although i just noticed that this builds the module i already
> built inside the kernel tree) gave me
>
> 1. cd /usr/local/src/linux-cluster/cman-kernel-2.6.9-31
> 2. ./configure --kernel_src=/usr/src/linux (link to linux-2.6.9)
> 3. make (results beneath)

last i checked, you need to run 'make install'
the cluster cvs tree is amde of multiple seperate componates.  Many of
which depend on the others.  So the various headers and libraries need
to be installed before the other parts will compile.

try that first.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
The sum of the intelligence on a planet is a constant; the population is