[Linux-cluster] auto send fence_ack_manual?

Dan B. Phung phung at cs.columbia.edu
Mon May 16 06:19:23 UTC 2005

In the usage of our cluster, we have machines getting rebooted often,
which causes gfs to hang in waiting for the fence_ack_manual.  Usually I'm
sure the rebooting node(s) fenced, so I find the manual acking redundant.
I could also use the fence_sanbox2 fenced, but I don't like the idea of
having to enable the switch ports before the node can reenter the cluster.

I was thinking of "hacking" the daemon on my stable master node so that it
sends the fence ack as soon as it's requested.  Does something like my
usage scenario already exist?  Does this violate some principal design in
the fenced?

-dan