Re: [Linux-cluster] Sane configuration?

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
I can't comment on the particular hardware but I can say that GFS runs nicely inside xen. There are even xenU packages for Fedora Core 4 available.

One thing to watch if you're building GFS & components from source is to make sure that they are built with ARCH=xen on the make command-line; otherwise all the timeouts are out by an order of magnitude!

I've done some (rather vague) instructions at http://www.cix.co.uk/~tykepenguin/xencluster.html - there's even a primitive xen fencing agent there, if that helps.

Very cool - thanks! That's really helpful info. I wasn't finding any records of people doing Xen+GFS out on the 'net at large, so it's good to know it has been done.. :)

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |