[Linux-cluster] Question :)

Gerald G. Gilyeat ggilyeat at jhsph.edu
Tue May 31 18:50:56 UTC 2005

We're using GFS-6.0.0-7.1
Not the latest patch, I realize, and if that will fix things, that'd be ideal, I think.
We're also in a 5-node situation, with three servers, and in fact our behaviour appears to be almost identical.
It -does- eventually come back for us after I kill the rsync process, so it appears to be flushing a buffer of some sort.
Regardless, it's not really acceptable behaviour when you've got a 32node compute cluster behind one of the GFS nodes and you have researchers that need to move hundreds of gigs of data into the file system and -can't- because of this.

--
Jerry Gilyeat, RHCE
Systems Administrator