[Linux-cluster] Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit servers

Jan Bruvoll jan at bruvoll.com
Wed Nov 2 16:49:04 UTC 2005

Dear list,

as we are quickly filling up our 8Tb GFS file system, we have started
planning the migration to 64-bit linux "clients". In that respect I have
been looking for information on how to "upgrade" the filesystem, and I
haven't been able to find out whether we have to do anything in
particular to the filesystem when switching, or whether the on-disk data
structures will be the same for 64 bit machines? Can anybody on the list
shed light on how we would move on from the 8Tb limitation?

TIA & best regards
Jan Bruvoll