[Linux-cluster] cman multihome setup deprecated?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 7 12:58:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm looking into setting up cman multihome & multicast setup. I see
that the man page had the multihome bits removed:

revision 1.6
date: 2005/02/14 03:53:51;  author: teigland;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -36
remove multihome setup from man page

revision 1.5.2.1
date: 2005/02/14 03:54:46;  author: teigland;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -36
remove multihome setup from man page

It still seems to work, although I have to route the multicasts
manually to really have them running over both interfaces (the
interface parameter in cluster.conf is ignored).

Is this functionality deprecated and to be removed in a future update?
Or does it need some work to be republished?

What is the recommended precedure for having a dedicated cluster
network with a failover setup over a secondary network? E.g. I have
all cluster nodes connected over two network, the client ("LAN")
network, and a dedicated cluster network ("cluster-net").

What I'd like to achive it to have high-performance by allowing
cman/dlm to have its own network, but also high-availablity by using
the "LAN" network when the "cluster-net" fails, e.g. broken cable or
broken switch.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net