[Linux-cluster] ddraid?

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Tue Oct 18 23:27:52 UTC 2005

There hasn't been mention of ddraid in a while and the CVS hasn't been
updated in about 3 months, I believe.  Has there been any further progress
with it?

What are the risks associated with using it in its current form? If the
lack of bad block handling is the only real concern, would the risk be
substantially mitigated if the underlying devices are raid1, raid1+0, or
raid5?

Has anyone tried it yet in a production environment? Any comments to
share?

We'd really like to use this cool little tool.  Redundancy and a
performance gain, even when across the net; what's not to like (except for
the minor nuisance of 2^n+1 devices being required)?

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics