[Linux-cluster] RHEL4 active/active cluster without GFS

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 16:19:05 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 17:58 -0400, FM wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> First post here ... for my first cluster attempt. I do not need GFS
>
> I'm trying to install linux-ha (RPMS from
> http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/heartbeat/). But the installation
> always fails because of ipvsadmin missing.
>
> I read that ipvs is in the kernel, so I check in the default .conf and
> ipvs is enable. Ho can I install ipvsadmin ?

IPVS is indeed in the kernel.

ipvsadm is a user-land package which is used to administer the kernel
parts of IPVS - you can grab the source RPM here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/RHCS/i386/SRPMS/ipvsadm-1.24-6.src.rpm

It's needed to control the IPVS director.

> Is there a Red Hat way to create cluster without GFS ?

Yes, Red Hat Cluster Suite.

-- Lon