Re: [Linux-cluster] cluster service development - question

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 17:50 +0200, Christian Niessner wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm currently developing a cluster service for the cluster release
> 1.00.00. It's using libmagma for messaging and node membership
> maintainance, and these parts work really well.. But i also have to
> maintain a list of all configured nodes.
>
> What is the 'best practice' to get this list? (Node id and name would be
> fine...) It doesn't seem do be possible with libmagma...
>
> Thanks,
> 	chris

Oh - note - the node ID is 64 bits because gulm doesn't really have a
notion of "node ID" internally, so we use the local ipv6 network address
(lower 8 octets) as the node ID.

Just something to be aware of; i.e. don't cast it to an int. :)

-- Lon