Re: [Linux-cluster] umount failed - device is busy

Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 17:59 +0200, Herta Van den Eynde wrote:

Further investigation suggests that locking may have something to do with this. On the system that currently runs the services, I find these lock files in four
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.0
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.1
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.116
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:31 service.0
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Oct 10 16:08 service.1
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 service.2

On the now idel cluster member, I have these lock files:
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.0
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.1
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.116
-rwx------    1 root     root            0 Oct  8 03:30 lock.2

Lock files aren't removed.

The four lock.n files strike me as odd since I only have three services.

One is the configuration lock.

 Also, should the lock files even be there on the idle cluster member?

Yes.

Did you try enabling force unmount in the device/file system
configuration?

-- Lon

Thanks for the explanation, Lon. Yes, the devices are configured for "Force Unmount". With the device unmounted on all of the nfs clients I even tried to 'umount -f' manually, but I got the same result.

Kind regards,

Herta