[Linux-cluster] umount failed - device is busy

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 18:18:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:48 +0200, Herta Van den Eynde wrote:

> Bit of extra information:  the system that was running the services got
> STONITHed by the other cluster member shortly before midnight.
> The services all failed over nicely, but the situation remains:  if I
> try to stop or relocate a service, I get a "device is busy".
> I suppose that rules out an intermittent issue.
>
> There's no mounts below mounts.

Drat.

Nfsd is the most likely candidate for holding the reference.

Unfortunately, this is not something I can track down; you will have to
either file a support request and/or a Bugzilla.  When you get a chance,
you should definitely try stopping nfsd and seeing if that clears the
mystery references (allowing you to unmount).  If the problem comes from
nfsd, it should not be terribly difficult to track down.

Also, you should not need to recompile your kernel to probe all the LUNs
per device; just edit /etc/modules.conf:

options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=128

... then run mkinitrd to rebuild the initrd image.

-- Lon