Re: [Linux-cluster] iscsi and RHGFS for RHEL4

Kevin Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 15:19 +0200, Adam Popik wrote:

Hi,
I have questions about rhgfs for rhel4 in documentation is :
"... multipath gnbd and iSCSI are not available with this release ..."
what that mean :
gfs not supported with iscsi or not supported on gnbd with iscsi ?

RHEL4 didn't support iSCSI until the recent RHEL4 U2 release.  GFS works
fine with iSCSI, is supported and is used quite extensively by the
development team.

The multipath gnbd refers to the use of a gnbd device under the device
mapper multipath module.  The device mapper multipath code currently
assumes that the devices are pure SCSI devices and submits a scsi
command that GNBD currently doesn't provide.  So, the GNBD devices
aren't recognized by the multipath module as valid devices.

So, two separate items, one outdated, the other in progress.

Hope this helps
Kevin