[Linux-cluster] ddraid?

There hasn't been mention of ddraid in a while and the CVS hasn't been updated in about 3 months, I believe. Has there been any further progress with it?

What are the risks associated with using it in its current form? If the lack of bad block handling is the only real concern, would the risk be substantially mitigated if the underlying devices are raid1, raid1+0, or raid5?

Has anyone tried it yet in a production environment? Any comments to share?

We'd really like to use this cool little tool. Redundancy and a performance gain, even when across the net; what's not to like (except for the minor nuisance of 2^n+1 devices being required)?

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics