[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS, what's remaining

Andrew Morton akpm at osdl.org
Sun Sep 4 01:32:41 UTC 2005

Joel Becker <Joel.Becker at oracle.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 06:21:26PM -0400, Daniel Phillips wrote:
>  > that fit the configfs-nee-sysfs model?  If it does, the payoff will be about
>  > 500 lines saved.
>
>  	I'm still awaiting your merge of ext3 and reiserfs, because you
>  can save probably 500 lines having a filesystem that can create reiser
>  and ext3 files at the same time.

oy.   Daniel is asking a legitimate question.

If there's duplicated code in there then we should seek to either make the
code multi-purpose or place the common or reusable parts into a library
somewhere.

If neither approach is applicable or practical for *every single function*
then fine, please explain why.  AFAIR that has not been done.