Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: GFS, what's remaining

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 01:52:29AM -0400, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> You do have ->release and ->make_item/group.

	->release is like kobject release.  It's a free callback, not a
callback from close.

> If I may hand you a more substantive argument: you don't support user-driven
> creation of files in configfs, only directories.  Dlmfs supports user-created
> files.  But you know, there isn't actually a good reason not to support
> user-created files in configfs, as dlmfs demonstrates.

	It is outside the domain of configfs.  Just because it can be
done does not mean it should be.  configfs isn't a "thing to create
files".  It's an interface to creating kernel items.  The actual
filesystem representation isn't the end, it's just the means.

Joel

--

"In the room the women come and go
 Talking of Michaelangelo."