[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS, what's remainingh

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 01:48, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 01:05, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > do you think it is a bit premature to dismiss something even without
> > ever seeing the code?
>
> You told me you are using a dlm for a single-node application, is there
> anything more I need to know?

I would still like to know why you consider it a "sin". On OpenVMS it is
fast, provides a way of cleaning up and does not introduce single point
of failure as it is the case with a daemon. And if we ever want to spread
the load between 2 boxes we easily can do it. Why would I not want to use
it?

--
Dmitry