[Linux-cluster] Using GFS without a network?

Bob Marcan bob at interstudio.homeunix.net
Thu Sep 8 11:16:06 UTC 2005

==========================> should be unfamiliar

> (multi-initiator buses were definitely never supported under DEC unix /
> Tru64) , so I could be wrong about HP-ux.  I just can't imagine that a
> multi-initiator bus wouldn't be a nightmare.
>
> -steve

In the past i was using the SCSI cluster on OpenVMS(AXP,VAX) and Tru64.
At home i have 2 DS10 with memmory channel, shared SCSI Tru64 cluster.
Memmory channel was prerequisite in early days, now you can use ethernet
as CI.
I still have some customers using the SCSI cluster on Tru64.
Two of this are banks, running this configuration a few years.
Without any problems. Using host based shadowing.
Tru64 has single point of failure in this configuration.
Quorum disk can't be shadowed.
OpenVMS doesn't have this limitation.

It is supported.

OpenVMS
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82FINAL/6318/6318pro_002.html#interc_sys_table

Tru64
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARHGWETE/CHNTRXXX.HTM#sec-generic-cluster

Best regards, Bob

  Bob Marcan, Consultant                mailto:bob.marcan at snt.si
  S&T Hermes Plus d.d.                  tel:   +386 (1) 5895-300
  Slandrova ul. 2                       fax:   +386 (1) 5895-202
  1231 Ljubljana - Crnuce, Slovenia     url:   http://www.snt.si