[Linux-cluster] Order of execution

JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com
Mon Apr 3 20:16:17 UTC 2006

Hi cluster geniuses,

I have a quick question.

I am trying to write a custom startup script for an application called
adsi rms.  The application comes with its own startup script that
requires the disk resource and network interface. Here is my question:

When I create a custom startup script for the service and place it in
/etc/init.d/, the cluster service can start the application successfully
but not all services come online because the shared disk and IP do not
appear to be available when the service starts.

Is there a way to set the order of execution for a service so that the
application will not start until AFTER the disk and network interface
are available?

Thanks again, Jacob