[Linux-cluster] newbie: gfs merge

wolfgang pauli ookami at gmx.de
Fri Apr 7 04:36:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I installed gfs and all the cluster stuff on our systems and I didn't have
the impression that I missed any of the steps in the manual. So I have to
nodes which both have a gfs partition mounted. I can also mount these, if
I exported them with gnbd. But I don't see the big difference to nfs yet
(apart from maybe performance). I thought that if I name the
gfs-partitions the same (clustername:gfs1) they would be magically merged
or something like that. I thought this was meant by the notion in the docs
that GFS does not have a single point of failure. Or that we could have
redundant file-servers. What did I get wrong about all that?

P.S.: I did the changes to /etc/lvm/lvm.conf regarding the locking
(locking_type=2).

Thanks for any help!!!

wolfgang

--