[Linux-cluster] gfs file locking

Hi,

does GFS support the same ways of file locking a local filesystem does? I am evaluating to put an application on gfs that runs pretty fine on local filesystems but tends to have severe problems on NFS. I know NFS is totally different from GFS, but from the applications point of view both are just filesystems.

best regards, Gunther
begin:vcard
fn:Gunther Schlegel
n:Schlegel;Gunther
org:Riege Software International GmbH;IT Infrastructure
adr:;;Mollsfeld 10;Meerbusch;;40670;Germany
email;internet:schlegel riege com
title:Manager IT Infrastructure
tel;work:+49-2159-91480
tel;fax:+49-2159-914811