[Linux-cluster] Using GFS with vanilla kernel (2.6.16)

Ugo PARSI ugo.parsi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:57:02 UTC 2006

>   Which version for GFS do you use cvs STABLE or HEAD?

I don't know how to tell...

Is stable this thing ?  - The 'cluster' cvs head can be unstable, so
it's recommended that you
    checkout from the RHEL4 branch -- 'checkout -r RHEL4 cluster'

I've tried both with or without anyway....

>   I have compiled deb-packages for kernel 2.6.16.2 and uses the CVS
>   STABLE branch.
>

>From a vanilla kernel ?
Because basically, I've just tried all of this from a fresh vanilla
2.6.16.1 (I'm gonna try the 2.6.16.2) downloaded from kernel.org.
System was running that kernel at time of compilation, and I provided
the path of the kernel to the configure script.

Anything wrong ? Any ideas ? You've made some fixes/patches ?

Thanks a lot,

Ugo PARSI