[Linux-cluster] Using GFS with vanilla kernel (2.6.16)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Apr 11 10:13:33 UTC 2006

Ugo PARSI wrote:
>> You have to download, from cvs STABLE:
>>   cvs -d :pserver:cvs at sources.redhat.com:/cvs/cluster checkout -r
>> STABLE cluster
>>

> Ok I've tried it, thanks, it does seem to work better but I have still
> issues....
> This time there's no kernel issues....but another missing .h file :
>
> [...]
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cluster/cman/lib'
> gcc -Wall  -g -O -I. -fPIC -I/usr/src/cluster/build/incdir/cluster -c
> -o libcman.o libcman.c
> libcman.c:31:35: cluster/cnxman-socket.h: No such file or directory
> libcman.c:44: warning: `struct cl_cluster_node' declared inside parameter list
> libcman.c:44: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> declaration, which is probably not what you want
> libcman.c: In function `copy_node':
> libcman.c:46: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> libcman.c:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> [...]
This a bug i reported it to his list, but no replies. I think i removed
the cluster from the include cluster/cnxman-socket.h line.

Your are using debian or not. I can put the deb-packages that kernel
independed on our ftp-server. No warranty they include all init.d
script and start at runlevel 3.

When i machine start in starts at runlevel 2, not in cluster enabled
mode. To enable cluster mode we do a init 3, to can remove a node from a
cluster with the init 2 command.

Regards