R: [Linux-cluster] CS4 U2 / problem to configure a 3 nodes cluster

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Tue Apr 11 10:58:30 UTC 2006

>>Hi

>> 10 11:38:00

>> join or form

>> I wanted

>> and the 3rd

>> don't want

>> nodes, and all

>> time? A node

>> important during booting.

>> Hi, no I wasn't ...
>> I've tried now, and this is ok on yack21 and yack23, but not
>> on yack10, is there something wrong in the cluster.conf to
>> explain this behavior ?
>> On yack10 , cman is trying to :
>> CMAN: forming a new cluster
>> but fails with a timeout ...
>>
>> ??
>> Thanks
>> Alain
>> --
>>

>Maybe this time is due to a firewall setup, as already stated on the list. A
>tcpdump from yack10 to the other nodes may help you catch the bug.
>Leandro

No firewall setup on yack10, neither on yack21 nor yack23. Besides
the ssh connections are all valid between the three nodes in all
combinations without passwd request. And still the problem ...
Any other idea ?
Is my cluster.conf correct ?

Besides, with regard to you first answer, I've tested on yack21 and yack23 :
if I start cman only on yack21, it does end in timeout.
And if I start cman quite at the same time on yack21 and yack23, it
works on both nodes.
I haven't found in documentation any recommandation about this point.
Besides, if one node is breakdowned, that mean that we will never be
able to reboot the other node and launch the CS4 again with all
applications ... sounds strange, doesn't it ?

Thanks
Alain Moullé