Re: [Linux-cluster] CLVM and AoE

At 04:11 PM 4/12/2006, you wrote:
Hey Bowie,

Wow.. That's perfect.  Thanks for the response.

I have a question about whether GFS is a requirement.. Since each lv is a separate partition mounted on xen, does GFS make sense, or can we use ext3/xfs/etc.?

So is every dom0 going to mount the CoRaid device directly using AoE? And CLVM will notify the whole cluster when any single node makes LVM changes?

If not, then you'll need to use GNBD to export the lv's I guess.

Either way you can use whatever fs you have support for in a xenU kernel. You shouldn't need to format anything GFS at all.