[Linux-cluster] CLVM and AoE

Mark Petersen mtp at tilted.com
Thu Apr 13 18:03:13 UTC 2006

At 09:40 AM 4/13/2006, you wrote:
>If you don't use GFS, just make absolutely sure that there is no way
>that two nodes could mount the same lv.  As far as I know, there is
>nothing in the cluster that will prevent an ext3 or xfs filesystem
>from being mounted by multiple nodes.  And if it happens, you have
>almost guaranteed data corruption.

The thing with Xen is, if you use GFS on the dom0 then you'll be
using loopback filesystems for the domUs, so data corruption could
still happen.  xfs has protection against being mounted twice, you
may want to consider using xfs if you're concerned about a domU being
run from two different dom0's causing data corruption on the fs.  I'm
not aware of any other fs that provides this feature.