Re: [Linux-cluster] Clumanager and Chkconfig

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 14:11 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Should clumanager be set to automatically start on all nodes?  I have
> a 2 node cluster (+ quorum) were if I kill an interface, the cluster
> fails over and the failed node reboots.  However, the node rejoins the
> cluster automatically - should this happen?

If you don't want clumanager to attempt to rejoin the cluster, chkconfig
--del it.  If you want it to attempt to rejoin, chkconfig --add it.

It's your choice.

Many failures which cause a node to be kicked out are temporary (ex:
kernel panic), and can be recovered from after a power-cycle.

Many hardware failures (ex: motherboard catching fire, hard disk crash)
generally (but *not* always) prevent the node from ever getting far
enough to rejoin the cluster.

-- Lon