[Linux-cluster] GFS is for what and how it works ?

Ray Charles raycharles_man at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 14:46:00 UTC 2006

Hi,
I read your post (below) from a couple of weeks ago.
My  question / comment is...
I've read that GFS Volumes are limited to 2TB, redhat
whitepaper says 1TB (dated i am sure). You're at 1.2TB
today what if you need to be at 5TB in a year?? How
will you seemlessly grow the space that exist on mount
points beyond 2TB ?

> 4. Could you give me example what is actually the
GFS real usage in
> real live ?

I'm using it to share a 1.2 TB storage area between
two systems that
use it for processing and a third system that has
direct access for
making backups.

> I'm absolutely confuse with this GFS on how they
works.

Yea.  The documentation is not very extensive at this
point.

--
Bowie